Interesting to note if for a few reasons:
First off, I never cease to be amazed by my own capacity to delight in looking at naked women - a quality which doesn’t seem to diminish over time as I thought it would. One of the things I always liked about drawing class was just simple appreciation for the naked form.
Second, I like the book because so much of the focus in society today is an image of perfection and this book runs counter to that. Not to say the women contained within aren’t absolutely beautiful but, they don’t fit easily into the wafer thin, model perfect physique that is held up to women in this country as an ideal.
Women are just beautiful.
Quite a few of the women would be unspectacular if you met them on the street (although many of the subjects were quite attractive). But it's the level of emotionality that they all convey without their clothes that makes this treatise remarkable. Each woman is beautiful in her own way. And on that level, the book is very successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment